LAICA filter pitchers with their patented bi-flux™ cartridges are the simple, safe and effective solution for improving water quality. In fact, bi-flux™ respects mineral salts, keeps them pH balanced and releases no ammonium or noxious substances.
BI-FLUX™ TAKES OUT THE BAD
Tap water is different all over the world. Due to various activities, your tap water could have harmful elements that make their way to your glass. Tap water is filtered enough to deliver these elements to you only in their Maximum Contaminant Level (MCL). However, depending on your location, tap water can still leave you with traces of these elements, which ultimately means your tap water could be slightly acidic.
The bi-flux™ system is safe and guaranteed to comply with all applicable provisions of the law. In particular bi-flux™ DOES NOT RELEASE:
- AMMONIUM BPA is found in plastic containers that store food and beverages, such as water bottles. BPA is also found in epoxy resins are used to coat the inside of metal products, like food cans, bottle tops and water supply lines. Some dental sealants could also contain BPA. Exposure to BPA is a concern because of possible health effects of BPA on the brain, behavior and prostate gland of fetuses, infants and children.
- BISPHENOL (BPA) BPA is found in plastic containers that store food and beverages, such as water bottles. BPA is also found in epoxy resins are used to coat the inside of metal products, like food cans, bottle tops and water supply lines. Some dental sealants could also contain BPA. Exposure to BPA is a concern because of possible health effects of BPA on the brain, behavior and prostate gland of fetuses, infants and children.
- EPICHLOROHYDRIN Epichlorhydrin is used for making glycerine and as a building block for making plastics. It is also used in the paper and drug industries as an insect fumigant. Some people who drink water containing high levels of epichlorohydrin over a long period of time could experience stomach problems and may have an increased risk of getting cancer.
- POLYVINYL CHLORIDE Vinyl chloride is used when manufacturing numerous products in building construction, the automotive industry, electrical wire insulation and cables, piping, industrial equipment, and medical supplies. Some people who drink water containing vinyl chloride well in excess of the maximum contaminant level for many years may have an increased risk of cancer.
- ACRYLAMIDE Acrylamide serves as a raw material for manufacturing coagulant aids for use in drinking water treatment. Other uses include improving production from oil wells; making organic chemicals and dyes; sizing paper and textiles; ore processing; and construction of dam foundations and tunnels. Some people who drink water containing high levels of acrylamide over a long period of time could have problems with their nervous system or blood, and may have an increased risk of getting cancer.
Drinking water must be rigorously controlled. In particular, legislation regulates the safety of water and its treatment and/or vehicle systems also with regard to some noxious substances, which must either be totally absent or less than exact values. The bi-flux™ system, therefore, conforms to European Directive 2002/72/EC and subsequent updates and to Legislative Decree no. 31 of 2 February 2001.
The test confirming the absence of ammonium was carried out by independent laboratories
strong>BI-FLUX™ LEAVES IN THE GOOD
While other filters leave you with slightly acidic water without any nutrients (aka dead water), LAICA water leaves you with the vital nutrients. A balanced pH, calcium and magnesium are essential to human health. Drinking mineral-rich waters increases your ‘recommended intake’ of each mineral.
- If your muscles don't get enough calcium, they can cramp, hurt, or feel weak. This can cause long-term (chronic) muscle aches and pains. This is why it is important for you to get enough calcium and vitamin D as both a child and as an adult. It helps keep your bones strong as you get older and protects against possible breaks.
- Magnesium is essential for over 300 different chemical reactions in the body, including maintaining your energy level, helping you relax, and sustaining the health of your heart and blood vessels. One of its most common uses is for alleviating constipation; you may recognize it as the active ingredient in well-known over-the-counter laxative medicines. It is also a natural calcium-channel blocker – many integrative medicine practitioners have used magnesium supplements to help lower blood pressure and maintain healthy blood pressure. Magnesium is probably the most important nutrient for the human heart - it helps the heart muscle itself function better. Magnesium also helps protect blood vessels, which is where most of what we call heart disease actually happens. Magnesium is also a natural blood thinner, much like aspirin, so many doctors and researchers believe that it may help prevent heart attacks and strokes. Where magnesium could have the biggest impact is in the prevention of diabetes: Scientists have not only proven that magnesium levels are low in people with diabetes, but that people with higher magnesium levels do not develop diabetes, and that supplementing with magnesium appears to help reverse pre-diabetes.
- Maintaining a slightly alkaline state is a constant challenge because of the acid-forming functions that take place within the body, and the extra acid-producing foods we eat. Overacidity has been linked to cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and even osteoporosis. By maintaining a more alkaline skewed pH level, your body will be less prone to developing such issues.
The World Health Organization and other authoritative medical-scientific sources declare, on the basis of clinical studies, that the mineral salts present in water are essential elements for human health. The correct ratio of calcium and magnesium contained in water have a protective effect with regard to the risk of cardio-vascular diseases. By drinking water, mineral salts are assimilated more quickly than by eating other food.
Studies conducted by independent laboratories, show that the bi-flux™ system maintains the balance of mineral salts.
The bi-flux™ system, thanks to its exclusive new formula, maintains the right balance of mineral salts of calcium and magnesium, which are essential for human health.
The World Health Organization confirms that pH is an essential parameter for the qualitative evaluation of drinking water and states that the optimal range is between 6.5 and 9.5. Legislative Decree no. 31 of 2 February 2001 implementing European Directive 98/83/EC, both confirm that the range 6.5-9.5 is the reference value.
Studies carried out by independent laboratories, confirm that the pH of water filtered with a bi-flux™ cartridge is kept at the optimal range of 6.5 and 9.5.
The exclusive bi-flux™ cartridge keeps pH balanced for water that is healthier and tastes better.
BI-FLUX™ ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY
The Research and Development Division have developed a fast, effective and safe filtration system. Its complete traceability ensures a high standard of control using the most modern and technological production systems. Water is filtered through the following stages:
- Pre filtration
- Reduction of heavy materials
- Chemical absorption and chlorine derivatives
- PH Control
- Flow Regulator
- Twin Stream®
LAICA bi-flux™: advanced technology and sophisticated materials offering maximum safety and guaranteed quality.
LAICA guarantees its own quality by ensuring quality controls before, during and after production. Rigorous testing by the most important and qualified international certifying institutions attests to the quality of the bi-fluxTM system. This product has been tested and certified by the Water Quality Association according to NSF/ANSI 42 for the reduction of Aesthetic Chlorine and to NSF/ANSI 53 for the reduction of Copper, as verified and substantiated by the test data, and to CSA B483.1.
WE PROMISE A 100% QUALITY GUARANTEE
LAICA guarantees its own quality by ensuring quality controls before, during and after production. Rigorous testing by the most important and qualified international certifying institutions attest to the quality of the bi-flux™ system.
WE’RE MICROBIOLOGICALLY SAFE
The bi-flux™ system is microbiologically safe. Frequent and methodical laboratory tests are carried out in accordance with the legislation in force to ensure constant safety.
The whole cartridge production is 100% sterilized.
The microbial quality of the water is tested at 72° and at 99° for 72 hours, as indicated in Legislative Decree no. 31 on February 2, 2002 and European Directive 98/83/EC. LAICA constantly carries out microbiological analyses in accordance with the indicated method, in order to guarantee the safety of the filtered water.
WE HAVE BACTERIOSTATIC PROTECTION
The bi-flux™ system guarantees effective bacteriostatic protection, thanks to silver. Silver is treated by LAICA bi-flux™ in safety and conformity with the guidelines indicated by WHO.
In order to avoid bacterial growth, tap water is treated with chlorine. Some residues of organic molecules combined with this disinfectant give rise to chemical substances deriving from chlorine, trihalomethanes that are highly harmful to the human organism. The bi-flux™ system guarantees bacterio-staticity, thanks to silver, which is not harmful and at the same time effectively reduces chlorine and its derivatives. A number of epidemiological studies and pharmacological evaluations recorded by WHO indicate that silver is well tolerated and creates no risk for human health up to assumed values of 0.1 mg/litre.