The bi-flux™ system is safe and guaranteed to comply with all applicable provisions of the law. In particular bi-flux™ DOES NOT RELEASE:
- AMMONIUM Ammonia is released into drinking water from agricultural or industrial wastes. It is also added to water as part of the disinfection process. Ammonium in water may result in drinking-water containing nitrite due to a chemical reaction. Nitrite in drinking water has been known to cause Methaemoglobinemia (i.e. Blue Baby Syndrome).
- BISPHENOL (BPA) 1.BPA is found in plastic containers that store food and beverages, such as water bottles. BPA is also found in epoxy resins that are used to coat the inside of metal products like food cans, bottle tops, water supply lines and even some dental sealants. Exposure to BPA is a concern because of the possible health effects on the brain as well as behaviour and prostate gland development of fetuses, infants and children.
- EPICHLOROHYDRIN Epichlorhydrin is used for making glycerine and as a building block for making plastics. It is also used in the paper and drug industries as an insect fumigant. Some people who drink water containing high levels of epichlorohydrin over a long period of time could experience stomach problems and may have an increased risk of getting cancer.
- POLYVINYL CHLORIDE Vinyl chloride is used when manufacturing numerous products in building construction, the automotive industry, electrical wire insulation and cables, piping, industrial equipment, and medical supplies. Some people who drink water containing vinyl chloride well in excess of the maximum contaminant level for many years may have an increased risk of cancer.
- ACRYLAMIDE Acrylamide serves as a raw material for manufacturing coagulant aids for use in drinking water treatment. Other uses include improving production from oil wells; making organic chemicals and dyes; sizing paper and textiles; ore processing; and construction of dam foundations and tunnels. Some people who drink water containing high levels of acrylamide over a long period of time could have problems with their nervous system or blood, and may have an increased risk of getting cancer.
Drinking water must be rigorously controlled. In particular, legislation regulates the safety of water and its treatment and/or vehicle systems also with regard to some noxious substances, which must either be totally absent or less than exact values. The bi-flux™ system, therefore, conforms to European Directive 2002/72/EC and subsequent updates and to Legislative Decree no. 31 of 2 February 2001.
The test confirming the absence of ammonium was carried out by independent laboratories
BI-FLUX™ LEAVES IN THE GOOD
While other filters leave you with slightly acidic water without any nutrients (aka dead water), LAICA water leaves you with the vital nutrients. A balanced pH, calcium and magnesium are essential to human health. Drinking mineral-rich waters increases your ‘recommended intake’ of each mineral.
- If your muscles don't get enough calcium, they can cramp, hurt, or feel weak. This can cause long-term (chronic) muscle aches and pains. This is why it is important for you to get enough calcium and vitamin D as both a child and as an adult. It helps keep your bones strong as you get older and protects against possible breaks.
- Magnesium is essential for over 300 different chemical reactions in the body, including maintaining your energy level, helping you relax, and sustaining the health of your heart and blood vessels. One of its most common uses is for alleviating constipation; you may recognize it as the active ingredient in well-known over-the-counter laxative medicines. It is also a natural calcium-channel blocker – many integrative medicine practitioners have used magnesium supplements to help lower blood pressure and maintain healthy blood pressure. Magnesium is probably the most important nutrient for the human heart - it helps the heart muscle itself function better. Magnesium also helps protect blood vessels, which is where most of what we call heart disease actually happens. Magnesium is also a natural blood thinner, much like aspirin, so many doctors and researchers believe that it may help prevent heart attacks and strokes. Where magnesium could have the biggest impact is in the prevention of diabetes: Scientists have not only proven that magnesium levels are low in people with diabetes, but that people with higher magnesium levels do not develop diabetes, and that supplementing with magnesium appears to help reverse pre-diabetes.
- Maintaining a slightly alkaline state is a constant challenge because of the acid-forming functions that take place within the body, and the extra acid-producing foods we eat. Overacidity has been linked to cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and even osteoporosis. By maintaining a more alkaline skewed pH level, your body will be less prone to developing such issues.
The World Health Organization and other authoritative medical-scientific sources declare, on the basis of clinical studies, that the mineral salts present in water are essential elements for human health. The correct ratio of calcium and magnesium contained in water have a protective effect with regard to the risk of cardio-vascular diseases. By drinking water, mineral salts are assimilated more quickly than by eating other food.
Studies conducted by independent laboratories, show that the bi-flux™ system maintains the balance of mineral salts.
The bi-flux™ system, thanks to its exclusive new formula, maintains the right balance of mineral salts of calcium and magnesium, which are essential for human health.
The World Health Organization confirms that pH is an essential parameter for the qualitative evaluation of drinking water and states that the optimal range is between 6.5 and 9.5. Legislative Decree no. 31 of 2 February 2001 implementing European Directive 98/83/EC, both confirm that the range 6.5-9.5 is the reference value.
Studies carried out by independent laboratories, confirm that the pH of water filtered with a bi-flux™ cartridge is kept at the optimal range of 6.5 and 9.5.
The exclusive bi-flux™ cartridge keeps pH balanced for water that is healthier and tastes better.